Friday, April 10, 2009

Sharing is Caring


"Parents are not interested in justice, they are interested in peace and quiet." Bill Cosby

My daughter committed her first social offense today. She smacked a playmate when he tried to take a toy from her. I immediately held her hands, looked her in the eyes and told her what she had done was wrong (the good Super Nanny watching mom that I am) and she (the good manipulative toddler that she is) immediately turned on the waterworks and pouted out the lip. The other women in the playgroup were horrified that I was 'so harsh' with her, one of them actually said, "Just look at her sad face!". Am I a cold, heartless disciplinarian or are these chicks just a bunch of suckers?

Should I have ignored the behavior and just took the toy away all together? Oh Super Nanny, where art thou?

No comments:

Post a Comment