Monday, May 18, 2009

Home Depot Debacle


A window in our house refuses to stay open, apparently a 'balance' is broken. Said part was removed and taken to Home Depot for the 3rd time in attempt to replace it. Below is a summary of these trips and the explanation for why I will not make a 4th trip is inherent. 

1) "Oh, you want to replace that? We don't actually carry it and since today's Sunday, I can't order it for you. Come back during the week."

2) "Oh, you want to replace that? It's after 2PM, the warehouse is closed, come back before 2PM."

3) Salesman: "Ah, you again. Ok, so (baby screaming in background after 15 min. wait) how much does that window weigh?"

Me: "I have no idea." (Baby slapping me in face and screaming)

Salesman: "Well, to replace that part, I need to know how much that window weighs."

Me: "Ok. Um, how do I find that out?" (Assuming here that I will be instructed to find a model number or part that will point him to my exact window in his giant book of windows, therefore leading to a window weight)

Salesman: (Baby throwing hair bow, socks, shoes and screaming) "Well, you go home, get on the scale and write down how much you weigh. Then you take the window out of the sash, get back on the scale and write that number down. Then you subtract your weight from that number. Then you come back, let me know how much it weighs and we'll order it for you. But, that might take awhile, so maybe you want to come back when you have things under control."

For reals? The hell with the window, we have AC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment