Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure I Saw This Happen on COPS Once...

If you have a car that has a sensor and supposedly will *not* lock itself if the keys are within a foot of the door, it's bullsh*t (confirmed by fire dept.). I locked the baby in the car a few days ago, and with her - my phone, spare house key and any sanity and sense of control I started out with that morning.

One 911 call later, a fire truck was pulling down our long driveway (thank god my neighbors weren't home) and miraculously unlocking the door. I was two seconds from throwing a rock through the window when they showed up.

When the door opened, I realized I'd had the foresight to start a Barney DVD and the baby just looked up at me like, "Oh, hi. Who are those hot guys in uniform with you?"

I baked them some cookies and took them over to the station that night. Encinitas FD, I owe you one - they didn't even mention how hysterical I was, not even once, instead assuring me that this happens at least three times a week.

I'll be one happy mommy if this is the only 911 call I ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment